How to Root Samsung Galaxy Pop/Mini GTS5570 Running Gingerbread 2.3.4 OS?
Gingerbread is another great android operating system which is capable of doing lots of interesting and useful stuffs. But, it also lacks the root permission so you don’t have full control over you device. With root access you are able to tweak it for better usability and effectiveness with the help of various applications that require root access to run. And as always, rooting galaxy mini/pop gts5570 has never been so easy.
So, if you have got Samsung galaxy mini/pop and you want to do all cool stuffs in it then you should root your device. If your galaxy mini/pop is running android 2.2/2.2.1 then please follow this link to root your device. Or if you want to upgrade your Samsung galaxy pop/mini smart phone to gingerbread 2.3.4 please go through this article first. Please remember that rooting your phone voids your warranty and if you don’t do it the correct way you might even brick your phone. Just follow the steps given below and everything will go fine.
- Download the zip file from here or from here.
- Mount you sdcard to your pc and copy the file you downloaded to the root directory of your sdcard (don’t copy inside any directory/folder).
- Unmount your sdcard from your computer and reboot your Samsung smart phone in recovery (Press Home + Power Button).
- Select ‘Apply update form sdcard’ or similar option and choose the file you copied earlier to your sdcard (Use volume keys to navigate and home key to confirm selection).
- Reboot your device. (If your device doesn’t boot after applying update.zip file try wiping cache and data in the recovery menu).
Congratulations! You have rooted your Samsung galaxy mini/pop gts5570 successfully. Enjoy the full power of android OS. If you are wondering what to do next, read this article to find out best application for your rooted device. I’ve tested this method of rooting in my galaxy pop/mini gts5570 and it works fine but this process might even work on other smart phones running gingerbread. If you happen to know any of such devices please share with us in comments.
To learn more on this topic you can visit these links: